Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Other Stinky Stuff: Tyvek Envelopes

Here at Diversey Stinks, I like to focus on things that smell lovely, whether they're perfumes, candles, soaps, or the Fullerton El stop (which always smells like french fries, courtesy of Demon Dogs).

However, on occasion, something smells so vile that I have to share it with the public--partly as catharsis, partly as a public service.

For instance, Tyvek envelopes.

I appreciate the sturdy, indestructible wonder that is Tyvek, but every time I have to send a FedEx, I want to gag.

These things smell like poo. Literally. I can't decide which Tyvek smells like more: manure or vomit. And there's nothing I can do about the stench. There's no sense in washing an envelope, after all, and I bet you anything that Tyvek is impervious to Febreze. (Not that Febreze can effectively eliminate odors on any material, but that's for another post.)

I mean, for crying out loud, DuPont, you've invented so many fantastic things. Surely y'all are smart enough to invent an envelope that doesn't stink?

1 comment:

Jennie said...

It smells more like vomit, IMHO